11/5/12

election time. #NaBloPoMo

So, today, I am supposed to write about my thoughts on the national election tomorrow. I'll be honest. I don't really know how to put my thoughts into words. I am honestly just worried. So many life altering decisions are being made, and I really feel like I have no control. All I know is that I want my son to grow up in a world where women have the right to choose what to do with their bodies, and everyone has the right to love and marry anyone they want. I find myself getting scared of the possibility that someone could run this country and not share those same beliefs with me. At the same time, I dont feel like welfare and public assistance should be so widely accepted and used... I dont feel comfortable knowing that so much of the little amount of money that I make is being given to other people so they can live better than I do. I see it all of the time. Public housing and food stamps allowing people to live in a nicer house while affording more food, even though my family and I work stupid hard every day just to survive. It is beyond frustrating. 

So here I am, kind of in the middle. Trying to decided what to do. I the end, I feel more comfortable voting for a presidential candidate that has my best interests in mind. Ive got to go with Obama on this one. I think so far he has done a great job at trying to fix the problems that existed before he was in office. At least I know that with him, we will be moving in the right direction. 


No comments:

Post a Comment